![]() |
| Photo Credit: Pick A Smile |
"My husband is sick, my daughter just broke up with her long-term boyfriend, and I am struggling as the sole provider for my household of four. What am I suppose to be thankful for?"
I looked at my friend and as we shared our morning tea at our favorite restaurant. She had some valid concerns, and it seemed as if she had her share of trials. Yet, she asked a question, and with an inward prayer, I was prepared to answer her.
"Your husband is sick, but you still have him, and our God is a God of healing. Your daughter may have just broken up with her boyfriend, but think of how you would feel if she had married him and had children, only to go through a horrible divorce. And though you are the sole provider for your house, you have a job and can pay your bills."
She was silent for a long moment, took another sip of her now tepid cup of tea, and then smiled. "You are right."
While this conversation reminded me the importance of being positive and recognizing God's grace in your life, it also helped me to realize how grateful I am for the many small blessings that make up my life. I am healthy, I am loved, I can pay my bills, and I can help others.
God is good, and He teaches us timely lessons. Take time, during this busy time of Holiday preparation and celebration to reflect on the many blessings the comprise your existence. Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:
Post a Comment