Wednesday, November 22, 2017

The Sacrifice Of Thanksgiving - By Senior Blog Author: Sharron M.



Photo Credit: ThoughtCo

   "I will offer to thee the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and will call upon the name of the Lord."

            Psalms 116:17

   As a secondary post from my previous notation, sometimes, as stated in the scripture above, thanksgiving is a sacrifice.

   A sacrifice is defined as to give up something of great importance or of great value.

   Thanksgiving is something that is highly valued. No one likes it one someone is and acts ungrateful of the blessings given to them. It is important to remember to give thanks, even when you don't feel as if you have a lot to be thankful for.

   I've had my share of struggles this year. I've lost some of my students, gained others; I'm was injured and have had to do physical therapy, I've had work and school piled up and overflowing... but I have been realizing, that God's hand has never once left mine as He leads me from the darkened valleys I've trod. He gives peace and joy in my home, good health, the spirit and strength of mind to overcome the obstacles before me... He has given me an abundant of blessings, thereby blessing me with great blessings.

   I encourage everyone, give thanks... even when it feels like a sacrifice.


No comments:

Post a Comment