Monday, September 28, 2015
Organic Play Slush
Greetings! I haven't updated in awhile, but hopefully I can become more regular with updates. :)
Play-dough, moon sand, slime, putty, etc. are always fun to play with. They are cool manipulatives that can keep children entertained for hours and also fuel their active imaginations. However, if you have toddlers or child who loves to sample these for their edibleness, you are probably looking for a more organic alternative that won't be harmful if swallowed.
My favorite, calls only for one ingredient: zucchini. It is really easy to convert this vegetable into an edible modeling manipulative. Just puree and squeeze the extra water out. Children love this! It is edible, easy to clean, and healthy if your little one does decide to sample it. This is also a great way to use extra zucchini from the garden.
You can freeze, and thaw for later play or add it to your compost pile when you are finished. As always, enjoy and please leave comments below. I'd love to hear from you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment